International bank cards
Make payments whenever and wherever suits you
Features and benefits
The Barclays International Bank debit card, available in sterling only, is an easy way to access your money, pay for goods and services around the world, and keep track of your account balance.
Pay with your phone, or compatible device, if you have Apple Pay
Accepted around the world, wherever the Visa sign is displayed
Make free cash withdrawals outside the UK when using Global Alliance ATMs
Stay in control
Access your money 365 days a year
Rates and fees
- Cash withdrawals and debit card payments in sterling in the UK are free
- Non-sterling cash withdrawals outside the UK have a 2.99% transaction fee and a £1.50 cash fee
- Non-sterling debit card payments carry a 2.99% transaction fee
- See all rates in our International Tariff Guide
Managing your international debit card
You can control how and where your card is used through the Cards section in our app.
- Cash withdrawal settings
- Merchant control
- Spending limit
- Remote payments
- In-store international spending
Debit card security
- Report card lost or stolen
- Temporarily freeze your card
- View card details
- View PIN
Changing your card
- Replace damaged cards
- Travel Wallet
- Apple Pay
How to view the Cards section
- Log in to your Barclays app
- Tap on Cards on the home screen, below your account balance
Barclays mobile banking app
Check your balance, manage payments, freeze lost cards, and more. Discover the Barclays app.
American Express® Charge cards
American Express® International Charge Cards are designed to support your lifestyle, wherever you are in the world.
You might also be interested in…
Are you ready?
If you’d like to speak to an adviser, you can contact us. Alternatively, you can apply for an account straightaway.